Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why?

A list of some of the conversations I've had this week...

Me: Hmm, can't get the smudge off my windshield
Toby: WHAT SMUDGE?
Me:...Just a smudge...I think it's on the inside. I can't get it when I'm driving.
Toby: But WHY is is on the inside??!?!
Me: Well I couldn't get it with my windshield wipers, so i guess it's inside. Probably from when I was washing the car.
Toby: Why did you leave a smudge there??!?!?!
Me: Because I guess I wasn't being careful.
Toby: But WHY weren't you being caref-
Me: MOMMY'S DRIVING
-----
Toby: Why is there a point here?
Me: Because that's what hearts look like when they're folded in half. There's a rounded end and a pointed end.
Toby: But WHY?!?!
Me: I guess that's just what a heart shape looks like
Toby: But WHY does it have a point??!?!
Me: Bedtime, goodnight.
-----
Toby: Why don't I have a hat on in that picture?
Me: I'm not sure! Maybe you pulled it off.
Toby: Why?
Me: I don't know, you were a baby.
Toby: But, Why was I a baby?
Me:...........Because.... you were...
Toby: Why did I take my hat off?!??!!?!
Me: LET'S TURN THE PAGE
------
Toby: Is that dress for me?
Me: Um, no, I'm making it for the craft show. Maybe someone with a little girl will buy it.
Toby: Why isn't it for me?
Me: Well, for one thing, you're too big for it now. It won't fit you.
Toby: Why won't it fit?
Me: Because you're getting bigger! You're a big boy now.
Toby: Well, someday, when I'm smaller it will fit me!
Me: Well, it doesn't work like that. You're just going to keep getting bigger, like Mommy.
Toby: Why?
Me: Because that's the way life works.
Toby: But I mean SOMEDAY.
Me:..................................................................
-----
Toby: Where's that tractor we saw?
Me: We saw that tractor in the field a few days ago, I don't think he'll be there now.
Toby: Why?
Me: Well, I'm sure his work is all done, and the farmer is probably having lunch now anyway.
Toby: Why is he all done??!??!!!
Me: Because I don't think plowing the field takes three days to do, plus he was almost done when we drove by before.
Toby: But I want to see him.
Me: I know. Just keep your eyes open you might see another one.
Toby: But, Where's the blue one we saw before?
Me: I already said, probably back at the farm, and I'm not sure which farm that tractor belonged to.
Toby: Why?
Me: HEY I LOVE THIS SONG *turns radio up* Want some water Toby??? Cracker??? Anything????
------
Toby: Where's Grampa?
Me: Dunno, maybe outside?
Toby: Why is he outside?
Me: Not sure, I can't see him.
Toby: Why?
Me:....Because we're inside.
Toby: But I want to know what Grampa's doing.
Me: Well we can take a look out the window, but I don't know if we'll see him.
Toby: Why did he go outside?
Me: I don't even know for sure if he IS outside, he might have gone in his car.
Toby: WHY DID HE GO IN HIS CAR???
Me: Maybe to get groceries.
Toby: Why??!?!?!
Me: Because we have no food.
Toby: YES WE DO
Me: We have some food, but maybe Grampa's getting more.  I don't even know if that;s what he's doing!! I'm just speculating!!!
Toby: WHY ARE YOU SPECUTATING?
Me: BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
------
Toby: (while playing on the bathroom floor while I wash my hair) Hey mom?
Me: Yeah?
Toby: Don't forget to wash your breasts.
Me:....................................thanks.............

No comments:

Post a Comment